|My client is a logistics and freight forwarding company based in East and Central Africa
They are currently seeking a young Finance Controller to join their team on site asap
- Organize/supervise the Finance Team and Operations on site
- Set up procedure to ensure efficient controls particularly on major cost items (e.g fuel, mission cost).
- Take ownership of the balance sheet, P&L and all technical accounting duties.
- Ensure financial ledgers and accounting processes are maintained.
- Deliver accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting.
- Cash management (bank and petty cash) and the company treasury.
- Make recommendations for streamlining processes and continuous improvements.
- Happy to be “hands on” but also to do the more nuts and bolts accounting tasks.
- South African nationality
- University degree in Finance or Economics
- Young and energetic with the ability to adapt to remote mine site living
- Previous experience on a remote site (e.g. plantation / mine) would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Team Management experience
- Mine based in the DRC
- 9 weeks on 3 weeks off roster
- USD tax free salary