Reference Number: 126 2209 MHU
- Proactive engagement with various stakeholder to assist for analyzing the cost, optimization of cost and improving OEE including but not limited to: Mine cost controlling, rail cost controlling, port cost controlling
- Compile cost data for preparation of annual budgets including estimates of standard cost increases for the following year
- Assist in calculation of cost savings for budget and measurement of actual savings
- Analyze variance accounts each month and prepare reports
- Co-ordinate the various departmental and external inputs and complete the required finance adjustments to ensure a robust and consistent process is delivered
- To support the development of effective business relationships between finance staff and service professionals
- Actively contribute to site safety policy and new initiatives and implement change as directed by the CEO
- Develop and maintain a departmental structure that adheres to the company’s policies, enables teamwork and personal development.
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to all department employees, with specific attention to National and Local employees.
- Review capital requirements for department items, to meet long term objectives of the Company
- Key major business challenges to address and drive: With resources and systems available to ensure effective financial Costing, management of audits and scheduled financial reviews, successful development and implementation of annual budget, ensure adherence to compliance issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, an additional Management Qualification advantageous
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, at least 5 years in a manager position
- Previous experience in a remote location in Africa
- Committed to training of nationals
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat position
- 7/3 roster