Reference Number: 124 0311 NRV
Our Client is searching for a Finance Manager to Manage the Finance Department by leading the effective management of organisational assets and liabilities, contribute to organisational profitability and sustainability, maintain and enhance organisational development and growth, manage and assess financial performance, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, ensure legal and corporate governance compliance
- Provide leadership to the Finance team to ensure the development of a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of budgeted Department KPIs and that employees achieve their full potential by gaining new skills through the provision of effective mentoring and training programs.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of systems to provide management with accurate and timely financial and operations records, information and advice to optimize management of costs and revenue.
- Lead the annual development of both the Operating and Capital budget, including manpower, to ensure compliance with established company parameters and timelines and provide line management with monthly reports on their respective cost performance (Actual v/s Budget) through the calendar year.
- Manage the Payroll Function for the Liberian workforce to ensure accurate and timely pays.
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures to ensure all departments’ costs are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up and remedied.
- Continually review every aspect of all departments to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and identify and remedy substandard performance and behaviour.
- Develop, install and audit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory and requirements for: Accounting records and standards; Taxation; Protection of assets and internal controls.
- Participate in the senior management team to ensure that targets for resources exploitation, capital management, cost control, safe working, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance are achieved.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Liberian Locals Encouraged to apply
- B. Com or Accounting Degree or any Professional Accounting qualification including ; ACA, ACMA, ACCA or CIMA
- Minimum of 10 years post graduate experience
- More than 5 years in working experience in Mining in Africa
- More than 5 years in mining in a senior Accounting management role.
- Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice.
- Working experience in Africa or a third world country that requires systematic coaching and training of employees would be a distinct advantage.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related Salary
Feature image credit: Wikimedia