A world leader in industrial packaging is seeking a Financial Manager who will be responsible for Statutory and Tax accounting in South Africa. The Financial Manager will consolidate management accounts and manage and lead the centralized accounts team (payroll, creditors and debtors). This opportunity offers the chance of progressing into a Regional Controller.
- Statutory tasks, making sure that the Tax and Statutory obligations are adhered too.
- Consolidation of monthly accounts including preparation/review of monthly reconciliations.
- Involvement in yearend preparation including audit and tax packs as well as dealing with external auditors.
- Annual budget preparation.
- Manage centralized functions (Payroll, Debtors and Creditors) including monitoring of Working Capital measures for Debtors and Creditors.
- Cash flow planning and monitoring of bank balances, including liaising with financial institutions to ensure adequate funding of the business’ day to day activities.
- Identify, improve maintain and advise on internal controls.
- Responsible for a staff complement of 4.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with various reporting issues relating to other African operations as well as various corporate reporting requirements to Europe and USA.
- Accountable for compliance with corporate procedures, accounting and business policies, SOX, local regulation and ensure system compliance and alignment at a local Business Unit levels.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum education: CA (SA)
- 5 – 8 years manufacturing or FMCG experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of SA Law
- Knowledge of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act would be beneficial
Benefits and Contractual information: