The General Manager’s main responsibility is to be the face of the company to the customers, group companies and clients (Independent dealers) in the Southern Africa part. The GM will be tasked with looking after and building the business from a mining and construction machinery perspective. The GM will report directly into the Director of Marketing & Sales.
- Manage and review equipment and accessories sales. Responsible for Marketing and Sales on a regional basis.
- Manage implementation and support for the regional strategy
- ndependent Dealers. Support Dealer in terms of customer development and market penetration.
- Responsible for customer portfolio, in collaboration with Sales Department. Review new prospects and customers
- Manage and review sales turnover and margin in the region. Ensure and enforce contractual obligation
- Monthly report of activities for sales and aftersales, dealer reports etc. Report to President and Directors on department performance
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Business Management Degree or equivalent with at least 6 years’ experience with mining and construction machinery.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a senior management role within a similar industry
- High level of people management skills and strong business acumen
- Customer relations is key so very strong technical background
- Firm knowledge of application studies, proposal writing, marketing and growing the market in Africa
- Good planning and organisational skills with a firm attention for detail
Benefits and Contractual information
A lot of travelling involved, gradually will lessen the amount