|My client has an operating mine in West Africa and they are urgently seeking an experienced expatriate GM to lead on their production and development over the next few years
- Reporting to the COO
- To plan, lead and organize the development and operation of the Mine to ensure that the Mine Development & Operation meets agreed corporate expectations in terms of cost, production, safety and environmental objectives.
- The ongoing operations are viable in terms of acceptance of social, training and development programmes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, objectives and regulations
- Ensure compliance with relevant HR policies, procedures, objectives and regulations
- Manage the Mine Development & Operation to ensure agreed targets are achieved, within corporate safety and environmental guidelines in the areas of Financials: Capital Cost, Profits, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet Review; Mined volumes and grades; Processing and mill plant availability, throughput and recovery; and Operating Costs and Capital Expenditure.
- Manage a Succession Planning process that ensures that commitments to the government with respect to the development of local employees to allow them to assume positions of increasing accountability are achieved.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure optimum exploitation of the Mine ore body and any surrounding deposits that prove to be economic.
- Provide leadership to develop and enforce appropriate policies to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that meets worldwide industry practice and any applicable legislative requirements.
- Provide leadership to the management team
- Degree in Engineering – Mining / Civil / Geology / Metallurgy / Chemical disciplines
- Advanced post graduate Management qualification highly regarded
- Solid understanding of pit to port operations
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments
- Minimum of 15+ year’s professional experience in a variety of mining and processing operations including development and expansion.
- Minimum 5 years management level experience on large scale open pit operation
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls.
- Experience with operations and project development in a developing country environment is highly recommended
- Mining Contractor experience essential
- 2yr Expatriate contract
- 6/3 rotation
- Market related USD salary