- Ensure performance targets and measures and use systems to assess the performance of the mine and direct reports; reviewing progress to ensure achievement of targets and develop strategies for increasing productivity.
- Manage the Mining operations to achieve maximum productivity and availability at the lowest cost per ton.
- Provide training, growth opportunities, support and guidance to mining and mine maintenance personnel; including driving performance appraisals, rewards and discipline.
- Plan and organize daily activities of mine personnel with the Mining Superintendent to execute drill and blast, load & haul, and management of waste dumps and all stockpiles.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance of mining equipment with the Heavy Equipment Manager to ensure a planned maintenance system for all heavy equipment is developed and fully utilized in maintaining equipment.
- Ensure equipment availability and utilization are at budget levels at optimal cost; and that the strategic operational goals for the mine are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term mine plans.
- Ensure have some Geology experience to plan and monitor the Exploration program
- Facilitate performance and compliance audits and ensure adherence to standards.
- Train, mentor and develop mine operations staff.
- Production planning and analyzing to achieve optimum revenue and profitability with production team.
- Coordinating and prepare the submission of working cost and capital budgets based on production requirements and control expenditures.
- Developing and implementing technical standards, specifications and quality assurance systems to optimize integrity of processes in accordance with objectives.
- Actively manage contractor relationships to optimize performance, reliability and cost.
- Ensure adherence to policies, standards and procedures in all areas of operations.
- Manage and control OPEX and CAPEX in accordance with approved plans.
- Deliver ROM tons and grades as in accordance with the annual plan and budget, and deliver waste stripping as per budget.
- Maintains and encourages cohesiveness, teamwork and morale to create a motivational, high-performance organizational climate.
- Ensures the correct key human resources levels with appropriate competencies and skills are in place for sustainable Operations.
- Approves budgets (requested and allocated) and thereby costs, for the achievement of planned Operational projects, activities and objectives
- Degree in Mining Engineering or Geology or Metallurgy from a reputable institute.
- A proven manager with a strong track record including a minimum of 15-20 years of experience in the mining industry
- Hands on experience in Open cast mining (Elevial/ mining), Process knowledge of size reduction & gravity separation.
- Prior exposure having worked in Tin & Tantalum is a MUST
- Committed to the highest safety and environmental standards
- Experienced in leading and mentoring team
- Good track record in managing contractor relationships, and other key external relationships
- An effective leader with good interpersonal skills at all levels, and an ability to resolve conflict
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English and French (written and verbal) – not mandatory.
- A results-oriented individual who is committed to achieving targets.
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Computer literate.
- Expatriate contract
- 30 days annual leave
- USD salary