Provide Geotechnical advice and assistance on Undercutting and Drawbell construction, planning and operations.
- Design and assist in implementing systems, procedures and techniques that will reduce or eliminate Rockfall hazards.
- Identify, develop and introduce best practices regarding mine, undercutting methods, support design and monitoring methods, tools and equipment.
- Assist in creating systems (e.g. Strata control standards) which embed safe mining practices.
- Training and enabling functional specialists as well as operating personnel to understand rock mass risks and lead indicators.
- Analyze trends of roof falls and accidents / incidents.
- Select the most suitable ground support by applying geotechnical assessments to ensure that the desired levels of stability will be maintained throughout the required period of operation.
- Execute continuous Audit for systems and compliance to Code of Practice and confirming validity of current practices.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Analysing and interpreting Geotech data information
- Applicable legal knowledge and understanding
- Advanced Certificate in Rock Engineering / GDE / Post graduate Rock Engineering / Geotechnical
- Degree/Diploma with a strong mathematical base or Geology/Mining/Geotech Engineering
- Chamber of Mines Certificate – Rock Mechanics (Will be advantageous)
- Experience in block cave establishment including undercutting and drawbell construction.
- Extensive knowledge of massive mining methods and relevant Geotech monitoring systems.
- 10 years’ experience in Geotechnical/Rock Mechanics of which 5 years was on supervisory level.
- Experience in Numerical modelling Software (elastic and inelastic).
- Experience in Seismic and Integrated geotechnical monitoring systems
- Relocation Required
- 2 Year Contract
- Market Related Salary