Reference Number: 120 0311 NRV
Our client is looking for a geologist the will implement exploration programs, and ensure the collection of high quality geological data leading to the discovery of new ore deposits improving Companies earnings and growth, as safely, quickly, cheaply and as frequently as possible whilst minimizing environmental impact.
- Maintain systems and procedures to ensure all geological functions are carried out safely and productively.
- Complete geological logging of all drilling, including alteration, structural, survey, and sample and geotechnical data collection, in digital format and ensure quality data is submitted to database personnel in a timely manner.
- Complete quality surface mapping and geochemical sampling of projects as required, to delineate priority targets.
- Co-ordinate the compilation of exploration results and review project progress for reporting to the
- Technical Manager
- Continually update all drill sections, geological plans and geological interpretations with the latest information.
- Utilize stereo net programs to plot up structural data from mapping and drill core and interpret this data to assist in geological interpretations.
- Assist Project other geology team in the supervision of external contractors & ensure activities are in compliance with company, relevant government and environmental standards.
- Assist in the completion of monthly reports as required.
- Assist in the completion of quarterly reports meet statutory and partner commitments as required from time-to-time.
- Contribute to a safe working environment for all employees, contractors and the public.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Sc. degree in Geology
- 3 or more years of experience in Exploration, Geology and Quality Control
- Prior experience in similar roles
- Liberian Locals Encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related Salary
Feature image credit: Botswana Diamonds