- Liaising with clients, to design and construct accommodation and camps that match clients’ need and are functional, safe and economical and ensuring that all construction staff deliver services and products that meet the company’s high standard
- Meet with clients to discuss and agree the build requirements.
- Design the camp layout, indicating accommodation configuration, kitchens, mess areas, ablution blocks, etc. and developing new ideas that better suit client needs.
- Question and clarify the detail with the clients for better specific design plans such as bathroom and kitchen units.
- Visit the site with construction team, to understand the lay of the land and design the water and sewage works, the laying of power lines and the various accommodation units required and access points.
- Responsible for all costing for both construction and maintenance and budget preparation and management.
- Together with the Electrical Eng., design the detailed electric diagrams for the power supply and ensure the correct quality and quantity of components.
- Oversee procurement to ensure good suppliers with right standards and quality meets group’s standard.
- Work with key suppliers such as, waste water treatment companies
- Once construction works start, become the main point of contact with the client and receive daily reports from the project managers on how the build is progressing.
- Provide feedback to Project Managers and look to improve the way we work and to provide a better service to the client.
- Visit the site to check on the implementation of the build, that QHSE SOPs are being followed and review what is happening.
- Design and plan additional construction requests and ad hoc accommodation build requests and update the MD for contract amendment and costing.
- Support and build direct line staff (Kenyan employees) in general by setting challenging annual performance targets and strong development goals.
- Participate in sector and business groupings and meetings, to develop strong partnerships and networks to enable personal growth and opportunity for organizational development.
- Visit manufacturers to keep up to date with new ideas, quality and safest improvements on components and items in the market.
- Relevant degree in construction/Engineering/design
- Diploma in Building Services would be an advantage
- MBA or a Masters in a relevant field would also be an advantage
- 10 Years’ experience of construction and camps in remote areas (Key)
- Excellent oral and written communicator with strong leadership and management experience.
- Possesses well-developed communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professional integrity and strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team based multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under minimum supervision.
- Excellent time-management, decision making, delegation and training skills to deliver against short deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Good inspection and audits skills.
- Residential status in Nairobi, Kenya
- Expatriate preferred – US Dollar taxable salary
- Permanent contract