Our client is looking for a Head of Department of Metallurgy on a mining site. It is a permanent position in the mining (Earth) Industry.
- Ensure safe operation of the plant and ensure the culture of safe operations is transmitted to all staff.
- Daily reporting of plant performance to the Director of operations.
- Achieve the agreed production targets and other KPIs.
- Proactively optimize plant operations and company profitability.
- Take the lead in Metallurgical design and plant implementation to achieve production targets.
- Coordinate engineering work including monitoring stocks of spare parts and consumables, taking positive action where possible.
- Maintain +90% availability and +90% utilization of the plants.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reported for on and off-site as required.
- Reconcile production performance with other departments.
- Ensure that stocks of chemicals and other materials are ordered timeously to decrease chance of shortage.
- Control shift rotation, leave periods of operations and staff to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Check and sign time sheets for department.
- Recruit, train and maintain a well-disciplined work force, applying disciplinary action when required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant metallurgical qualification
- Ten years’ relevant experience, preferably in the alluvial diamond mining industry
- Demonstrate competence and sound metallurgical knowledge and practices for operations of alluvial diamond wash plants, DMS, x-ray recovery technology
- Experience working a culturally sensitive environmental with multi-national workforce.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English and Portuguese verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Excel skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- The company offers competitive industry-related remuneration packages
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Nico Viljoen at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.