|Are you an experienced Head of Occupational Health, Hygiene and Safety from the Mining Industry in Africa?
Our client is looking for a qualified individual to join their team in West Africa.
- Work with site Health and Safety teams to identify and reduce potential environmental hazards.
- Assist in leading the team to ensure that the Health and Safety strategies are adhered to.
- Improve medical surveillance program and establish employee health programs.
- Implement and manage in-house occupational hygiene program.
- Ensure compliance with international safety standards, company guidelines and regulations.
- Develop and maintain a current health and safety risk register for sites.
- Conduct regular site inspections in conjunction with safety manager.
- Carry out internal safety audits.
- Develop and manage the emergency response program.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
- Occupational Hygiene qualification essential.
- Certificate or Diploma in Health and Safety.
- Internal Auditing Certificate or proven experience in internal audits.
- Train the Trainer Certificate.
- 10 years previous experience in similar roles within the mining industry.
- Extensive experience in conducting occupational hygiene monitoring.
- Experience setting up new occupational hygiene monitoring programs.
- Experience in the application of safety management techniques, risk management, root cause analysis etc.
- French communication skills highly advantageous.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience as an expatriate working within culturally diverse teams in Africa.
- Single status position.
- FIFO roster.