The Head of Security position plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others; ensures that established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities; advises, makes recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with legal regulations; and exercises independent judgement in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
This position reports directly in to the Head of Security and Risk.
- Plans, examines, analyses, evaluates and supervises all of the client’s operations, inclusive of physical assets and personnel.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for operation improvement.
- Develops preventative programs, including the supervision of personnel
- Performs audits of related performance and conducts physical surveys of premises, including equipment condition
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of the client’s regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training
- Serves as the liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at the company
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, the client’s activities and functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational functions
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, criminal justice, law enforcement or a closely related field
- Any professionally recognized certifications in related fields
- 10 years+ Proven experience as manager or a similar position
- Law enforcement experience will be advantageous
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis