- Reporting to the Vice President Sub Sahara Africa
- Helping drive employee productivity through professional / technical training and incentive schemes;
- Facilitate employee engagement by building positive team spirit and inspiring corporate culture based on their group’s values and ethical standards;
- Supporting business leadership and line management in continuous upgrade of organizational capability through talent assessment and development instruments with particular focus on local talent growth;
- Equipping operations with high quality manpower through effective and efficient recruitment, selection and on-barding processes and skillful application of reward instruments;
- Preventing and managing operational risks associated with labour issues and HR processes;
- Leading internal communication to ensure that employees are heard and well informed;
- Promoting safety agenda through HR tools.
- HR administration, training, career planning, localization, compensation and benefits framework, KPI reporting, HR systems, disciplinary actions, travel, visas and work permits for non-nationals.
- Corporate values, Corporate ethical standards, Recruitment policy
- Talent management practices: talent reviews, succession planning, high-potential employees identification & development, individual development for key employee categories, Leadership development program, technical training for front-line
- Compensation & Benefits practices: annual salary reviews; annual bonuses, job grading
- Performance Management / Tracking personnel –related costs & productivity and other personnel related KPIs
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- HR Manager with West Africa experience (managed more than one country would be ideal)
- Degree and 10 years’ experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English is a mandatory requirement.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sound technical knowledge of Geochemical, or similar to mining clients.
- Ability to travel
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Based in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- 12 month contract- renewable
- Fly in fly out – roster to be confirmed
- USD market related salary
- Benefits include: Health fund discounts, car, On-line learning systems, Friendly working environment with accessible management , Opportunities to progress and develop your career