There is an exciting position for a Specialist: HR that will report to Coordinator: HRD &HR and will support all departments with HR and ER functions.
- Offer general HR support service to all departments
- Submits weekly, monthly, quarterly HR/ER reports and contractor statistics to management.
- Facilitate changes related to HR/ER processes and procedures and ensure compliance with legislation.
- Ensure that employee benefits are administered correctly i.e. death claims, incapacity cases and medical aid etc.
- Manage internal and external relations, including the interface with service providers, unions and contractors and other functions responsible to ensure that business needs are met and employees are satisfied.
- Coordinate and ensure that union meetings takes place with the relevant HOD’s and managers.
- Conduct trends and analysis on absenteeism and leave history.
- Conduct monthly labour turnover statistics and analysis.
- Provide training to supervisors and shop stewards on relevant ER issues.
- Ensure contractor compliance with legal requirements, conduct contractor audits and provide training/ coaching on relevant issues.
- Ensure effective and timeous handling of grievances, disputes and represent company on all CCMA cases.
- Manage own team’s performance, train and develop employees.
- Ensure and comply with safety standards guidelines, policies and procedures
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12/Standard 10
- HR National Diploma or relevant HR Certificate NQF Level 6
- 5 to 6 years HR Generalist experience with a strong focus on Employee Relations (ER)
- Medically fit (“Red Ticket”)
- Computer literacy.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive salary package with standard fringe benefits applies