Reporting to the Operations General Manager, the HSEC Manager will provide leadership and technical support to a new mining project in Botswana – ensuring that all Health, Safety, Security, Community and Environmental activities comply with best practice as well as legislative frameworks.
- Plan, development and implement fit for purpose Health, Safety, Security, Community and Environmental Management Systems that ensure that effective controls are in place to protect both employees plus mine assets;
- Develop monitoring systems and processes to ensure that any Health, Safety, Community and Environmental non-compliance is identified and rectified in a timely manner;
- Develop, evaluate and continuously monitor the emergency preparedness and crisis management requirements of this new project and develop strategic plans to ensure an adequate response capability is maintained;
- Together with Human Resources, build a successful team;
- Partnering actively with other managers and the Operations General Manager to provide strategic leadership and advice in respect to HSEC performance for the operation;
- Provide leadership to the HSEC team, ensuring a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of discipline targets and where employees can reach their full potential and maintain a strong safety culture;
- Builds a strong reporting culture ensuring all requisite reports are delivered professionally and timeously;
- Ensures compliance to both statutory requirements and mining policies and practices
- Developing and implementing HSEC improvement plans, programs and initiatives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant degree or diploma;
- Proven track record in mining projects plus experience in the area of operational readiness;
- Applicants must have a minimum of 15 years post graduate experience in HSEC management or a related area which includes 5 years in a management role;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Extensive experience in operational health, safety, security, community and environment in Africa as an expatriate
- A proven commitment towards Health, Safety, Community and Environment (HSEC) and Strong strategic leadership skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Residential status in Botswana
- USD salary taxed at 25% plus benefits
- 2 year expatriate contract