Our client is seeking to employ a local Human Resources Manager to be mine site based in Liberia. To lead and contribute strategic direction with an emphasis on human resource management, industrial relations, employee development and succession planning, to ensure the needs of all employees and other stakeholders are met.
- Provide administrative decision-making, support and leadership to departments
- Administration of HR-related documentation, such as offer letters, contracts of employment, leavers and pensions
- Coordination of the planning of recruitment for the mine and subsidiary departments in line with correct procedures of employee resourcing, training, human resource development in the period, month, quarter and year
- Manage the recruitment and employee retention processes to ensure the availability of a competent workforce.
- In collaboration with the Head of Learning and Development and the Technical Training Manager, take responsibility for the Learning & Development in Yekepa to establish professional development programs for company employees.
- Planning of human resources and participation in workforce planning to ensure better service for business and production strategy of the company.
- Ensure timely and accurate HR reporting to HR Business Partner when required.
- Work with the HR team to develop regulations for salary adjustments, bonuses and other incentives.
- Ensure the adherence to rules and regulations applicable, through the implementation of policies and procedure
- Take responsibility and oversee the establishment of the organizational structure in Yekepa, ensuring that Organisation Charts are updated on an ongoing basis for all departments.
- Participate in Succession Planning within the company.
- Assist in the recruitment process – i.e. advertising, set up interviews and issue relevant correspondence.
- Manage time and attendance and overtime
- Schedule meetings, answers interoffice inquiries and communicate all HR related operational data to management Provide HR support to both Operations and Projects
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s GEDP processes for all departments.
- Provide support to management to ensure performance management and employee development programmes deliver results and improve the skill and competence of the workforce ensuring that good performance is recognized and rewarded and substandard performance and behaviour is addressed.
- Provide leadership to the HR team in Yekepa to ensure the development of a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of Department KPIs and that employees achieve their full potential by gaining new skills through mentoring and training programs.
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation.
- Monitor appropriate legislation to ensure that employment policies and procedures comply with Liberian labour/employment laws.
- Manage the employee benefits and remuneration policies and processes
- Participate in payroll administration and employee benefits, for local employees
- Participate in all staff welfare, company surveys, employee engagement.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the Company Employee Relations inclusive of regular liaison and relationship building with local and national union as well as the implementation and adherence to relevant policies.
- Provide direction, leadership and resources to all section managers and superintendents to ensure that an effective team operation is established and maintained, and that morale is maintained at a high level.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders
- Become actively involved in the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local people. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
- Ensure effective communication with delegates prior to departure from site.
- Be visible in the workplace.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary Qualifications (Bachelor Degree/ Diploma) in a related discipline.
- Managerial Qualification (desirable)
- A minimum of 10 years professional work experience, with at least 2 years in an HR Management role.
- Demonstrated experience in: Employee Relations, Supervision and administrative support – including developing policies
- Remuneration and Benefits planning and administration;
- Recruitment and Selection;
- Performance Management (performance appraisals, career & succession planning, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in a processing operation in a developing country, demonstrating commitment to localization plans.
- Demonstrated experience in processing operations training and competency development.
- Experience in managing department costs and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Liberia.
- Understanding of incident/accident investigation
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Local Liberian contract
- Local Liberians encouraged to apply
Feature image credit: Wikimedia