We are currently recruiting for a Liquidation Superintendent for a large mining operation in West Africa. The candidate will manage all aspects of the systems and process within the supply chain department with the objective to identify and dispose inventory surplus to requirement.Responsibilities:
- Develop an inventory reduction strategy for slow-moving or redundant stock items
- Adhere to company’s Supply Chain compliance processes, models and systems
- Engage with the operational Procurement function to explore disposal opportunities with existing vendors
- Periodic review of the warehouse inventory against the forecast requirement of Operations and Maintenance
- Isolate and manage inventory identified for disposal, including periodic stocktake and inspection by potential buyers
- Negotiate agreements with buyers and co-ordinate the end to end process, including freight and payment
- Participate in the implementation of sustainable development policies and procedures;
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor degree in Commercial/ Procurement / Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Materials / Supply management of which at least 5 were in a leadership role.
- Experience in a mining environment is highly desirable.
- Significant experience in disposal of surplus inventory, ideally within Africa.
- Working experience in Africa or a third world country that requires systematic coaching and training of employees would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related USD net Salary
- Rotation is 8/3
- Travel time split 50/50
- Expatriate Benefits