Reference Number: GAS0009
A mine exploration mineral company is looking for an experienced person who is capable of liaising with the site and taking care of their requirements, some knowledge of importing and exporting including the various taxes and duties applicable to imports and exports and an ability to communicate effectively with government departments and freight forwarders / customs agents.
- Form part of the logistics team to maximize cost reduction and availability of goods and services.
- Ensure that Company Policies and Procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure that progress and relevant matters are effectively communicated to all players at all times.
- Look for, develop, manage and facilitate operational methods to improve the supply chain and to minimize downtime and delays.
- To execute any reasonable instruction or request that may be expected of you.
- Manage and execute the procurement, commercial and logistics requirements to the best of your abilities.
- Receive enquiries regarding goods and services from the users/customers.
- Prepare and compile tender documents in accordance with set procedures.
- Ensure that files are opened in hard copy and on the system to facilitate full and proper completion of each request.
- Assess the specifications and determine the best suppliers in terms of the policy and procedures.
- Manage the quotation process required.
- Summarize tenders/quotes and make recommendations for placement of the orders and/or contracts.
- Manage the follow up on quotations and recommendations done to the users and consult on authorization/approval to proceed with the order/transaction where necessary.
- Assess the urgency of the delivery requirement and determine the mode of transport; air, courier, sea and/or road.
- Manage the delivery of the order in terms of the requirements.
- In the case of a new supplier, obtain credit applications and process and submit to the accounts department.
- Manage the expediting of deliveries.
- Keep senior management and the users/customers informed as to the progress of their orders.
- Manage all cargo consolidations and urgent deliveries to site.
- Manage the supply all relevant documentation to the shipping and freight forwarding agents as well as to customs agents to facilitate Optimum clearing and delivery of all goods.
- Report any losses, damages, discrepancies, short deliveries or incorrect deliveries to the relevant parties and ensure that the situation is corrected.
- Ascertain and confirm that all deliveries have arrived at the destination.
- Manage all returns to suppliers for re-supply and repairs and ensure re-delivery to site.
- Develop and produce reports as required.
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with all stakeholders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in this role within a supply chain environment in the mining and industrial sector.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a related field of commerce.
- A technical background will be an advantage.
- The ability to communicate in French and English shall be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of supply chain operations, preferably in a mining and industrial environment.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of mining and industrial supply base and processes/requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to facilitate accurate transfer of information in both an upward and downward direction.
- The ability to coordinate different operating disciplines to create a “team” environment, which enhances job satisfaction and stimulates continuous productivity improvements.
- Familiarity with best practices in Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental procedures, legislation policies, and management systems.
- A sound understanding of international procurement and inbound logistics and imports as well as exports is necessary.
- Mali resident
Benefits and Contractual information:
- To be discussed