Are you a Principal Maintenance Engineer with experience on both fixed and mobile plant in the mining industry?
This could be the opportunity for you!
Our client is seeking a qualified individual to join their team in Gauteng, with travel into Africa.
- Develop and implement preventative and planned maintenance strategies to ensure plant and equipment availability.
- Provide technical support to operations.
- Drive defect elimination.
- Enhance asset life, reliability and availability.
- Spares procurement.
- Identify training opportunities for initial training and progression training of maintenance team.
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are upheld at all times.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Diploma or Degree.
- GCC Mines advantageous.
- Asset management qualification advantageous.
- Professional Engineering certification advantageous.
- 10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering maintenance within the mining industry including both fixed and mobile plant.
- Previous project management experience.
- Experience with defect elimination, condition monitoring and asset management.
- Experience with financial analysis of maintenance improvements.
- CMMS experience.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa advantageous.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Candidate must be prepared to travel extensively in Africa.