- Carrying out planned maintenance work according to availability of equipment and priority.
- Delegating of tasks to underground maintenance team.
- Planning of work and conducting inspections.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Diagnosing and performing repairs to mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Compiling reports and analysis.
- Utilising JDE to open, review and close work orders and create purchase orders.
- Performing root cause failure analysis.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical trade test.
- Mine Health and Safety certification.
- First Aid certificate advantageous.
- 7 years previous experience in mechanical maintenance within an underground mining environment.
- 5 years previous experience in a Foreman or Supervisory level role.
- 5 years previous with experience with Sandvik and Caterpillar drills used in underground mining environments.
- Previous experience with JDE and other CMMS.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in West Africa.
- Ability to train and mentor a multicultural workforce.
- FIFO roster.
- Single status contract.