Are you a qualified Caterpillar Maintenance Specialist with experience in port operations for the mining industry in Africa?
This could be the opportunity for you!
Our client is seeking an experienced individual to join their team in West Africa.
- Analysing, diagnosing, carrying out and supervising repairs and maintenance of Caterpillar equipment used in the port.
- Ensure optimum availability of machinery.
- Failure and root cause analysis.
- Management of generators and power systems.
- Ensure continuous improvement through productivity improvement initiatives.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Ensure health, safety, environmental and legal standards are adhered to.
- Mentor and train subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Trade tested Diesel Mechanic or technical diploma.
- Caterpillar training essential.
- CMMS experience.
- 10 years’ experience in the maintenance of Caterpillar equipment within the mining industry.
- 4 years’ senior level experience in a Supervisory or Superintendent position.
- 4 years’ experience in port operations relating to mining.
- Experience managing teams as an expatriate in Africa.
- Experience mentoring and training subordinates of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Single status rotational position.
- 1 year contract with possible renewal.