Our client, with mining operations in West Africa, is seeking an experienced Underground Mine Maintenance Superintendent to join their team.
- Carrying out planned maintenance work according to availability of equipment and priority.
- Delegating of tasks to underground maintenance team.
- Planning of work and conducting inspections.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Participating in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Diagnosing and performing repairs to mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Compiling reports and analysis.
- Performing root cause failure analysis.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical Trade Certificate or Degree.
- First Aid certificate advantageous.
- 8 years previous experience in mechanical maintenance within an underground mining environment.
- 5 years previous experience in a Supervisor or Superintendent level role.
- CMMS experience.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in West Africa.
- Ability to train and mentor a multicultural workforce.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Single status roster.
- Limited duration contract.