The Marine Superintendent is responsible for the overall operation of the Company’s vessels/cargo vessels/high speed crafts and Tugs. The authority of the Marine Superintendent encompasses the approval of resources and personnel necessary for smooth and efficient operation and monitoring the performance of the company’s fleet. The Marine Superintendent is responsible for the safe, economical and efficient running of the vessels under his control.
- Oversight of cargo loading and discharge plans and monitoring of cargo operations.
- Planning and execution of dry docking and shipyard repair work.
- Takes over the duties of the Engineer Superintendent in his absence.
- Sanctioning all repairs on board.
- Technical and Maintenance supervision by:
- Planned maintenance system by checking the appropriate register maintained on the vessels once a month.
- Assist vessels in solving technical problems for instance by arranging external supplies and services.
- Reviewing Defect/Damage/Incident Reports.
- Responsible for recruitment of shipboard personnel.
- Prepare the basis for employment.
- Reports to the Marine Manager.
- Carry out navigational audits of the fleet and ensure on-board ISM/ISPS procedures are being adhered to and operations are conducted in line with SMS.
- Give feedback on inspection, capability of the vessel and crew.
- Liaise with concerned clients for mutual vessel inspection.
- Maintain direct communication, including frequent visits, with senior management and the Marine Superintendent, Technical to assist in the selection and installation of machinery, equipment, and safety appliances to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, company safety, and environmental policy.
- Participate in pre operations and kick-off meeting with owners and projects.
- Update and follow up the use of naval spread with the marine log coordinator to
determine precisely future needs.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum command of chief Engineer certification
- Seagoing experience in senior rank on offshore vessels.
- Demonstrate recent experience of marine auditing.
- Expertise in Civil Infrastructure projects.
- Manage and deliver projects as well as your team of staff.
- Operating machines such as graders, dozers, loaders and trucks.
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments.
- Working supervisory experience in a developing country.
- Strong supervisory background in a fast paced environment.
- Training and mentoring of team of operators.
- Experience in Rail and/or Port Industries.
- Preferably experience in Mining Industry