Reference Number: 974-0304LH
Our client who is currently undertaking exciting projects at their mine site in West Africa, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team for the underground construction works.
- Safe delivery of the design, implementation and execution of major underground projects.
- Overseeing underground construction activities.
- Ensure that engineering safety, design and quality standards are adhered to.
- Assist in establishing the Mechanical Engineering team for the underground section.
- Overseeing the installation of automated control and monitoring systems.
- Develop and execute commissioning plan.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Mentoring and training subordinates with a strong focus on skills transfer.
- Contract management.
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years’ minimum experience in underground construction projects within the mining industry.
- Experience in the upgrading or constructing of shafts, headgear, loading facilities, dewatering systems, ventilation systems, winder systems etc.
- Well-versed in design aspects for shafts and related plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical design in processing plants.
- Computer literate in MS Office, Project and Access.
- AutoCAD experience advantageous.
- Safety training advantageous.
- Well-versed in mentoring and training, with a focus on skills transfer.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- 2 year renewable contract.