| Job Description:
Our client is currently undertaking a major project in the DRC for the construction of a hydrometallurgical plant and associated infrastructure and is seeking qualified project personnel to join their team.
This exciting copper-cobalt project is one of the largest in Africa and will provide employment opportunities for many experienced individuals in the industry.
- Machinery Inspection – checking specs against data sheets
- Sign Off , Punch List and reporting
- Monitor all subcontractors’ performance on the plant’s mechanical works to ensure that construction is done as according to design
- Identify mechanical design issues during the engineering and construction of the plant and to recommended and coordinate action plans to ensure corrective action is taken
- Monitor and report subcontractor’s construction progress to the plant’s mechanical works to ensure engineering and construction are done on schedule and to recommended corrective actions for any mechanical engineering issues.
- Identify potential cost-effective equipment modification that has the potential to improve performance, reliability, and safety.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of instructions regarding the engineering and construction of the plant’s mechanical works from the Mechanical Team Leader and Mechanical Engineering Manager to ensure construction is done as according to the design.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Post Matric Qualification
- 5 years’ experience in mechanical engineering in projects / plant construction
- Previous experience working on Major Projects
- Limited Time Contract
- Market Related Salary