A mining company is looking for a Metallurgist to join their operations in the Northern Cape. Be part of this award winning mine operations that has prospects of future development.Responsibilities:
- Ensure that plant and process efficiencies are optimized by continually evaluating process performance and conducting quarterly surveys to establish where improvements can be made.
- Troubleshoot to identify whether the root of grade discrepancies are metallurgical, operational or maintenance-related and ensure that the necessary action is taken and / or setting adjustments made.
- Monitor the quality of the products by ensuring that samples are taken according to procedure and that trends are analysed to scrutinize grade consistency.
- Evaluate and research new technologies that could enhance process and equipment performance.
- Monitor inconsistencies between lab and plant samples and make corrections where required.
- Provide solutions to process / metallurgical problems
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc, BTech Chemical Engineering /Extraction Metallurgy
- HDSA Candidates encouraged to apply
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of English as a communication language
- Valid Code B driver’s licence
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Market Related Competitive Salary package
- Housing, Medical.