To produce strategic short term and long term mine plans and survey related aspects. Summarise and analyse production data records. As well as ensuring the operational plan is implemented and followed through from beginning to end.
- Identify new support products or systems and conduct tests to determine suitability for use. Compile reports and present business to stakeholders
- Collate information gathered and submit reports
- Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members or using own vocational knowledge and experience
- Implement compliance requirements.
- Determine number of employees required to ensure that production targets are achieved
- Prepare long, medium and short term mineral extraction plans and production schedules.
- Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures.
- Identify unsafe and hazardous situations. Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing root cause analyses and take corrective action. Conduct risk assessments. Stop work in unsafe areas.
- Analyse production results against planned schedules and recommend corrective action
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 3 Years’ Mine planning (strategic business planning)
- 2 Years’ Surveying techniques with electronic surveying instruments
- 3 Years’ Operational mining experience
- 3 Years’ Planning Software (M24D, Datamine, Board & Pillar Mining)
- Grade 12
- Bachelor of Science Engineering (Mining) / Bachelor of Technology (Mining) / National Higher Diploma (Mine Engineering)
- Relocation Required, Residential Position
- Market Related Salary