Our client have an exciting position available for a Foreman based in the Central Control Room. The candidate will supervise and assist management in coordinating the operational processes to ensure optimized plant and fleet efficiency, their performance and throughput.
- Coordinate production activities by monitoring production performance, process changes and timeously assist in solving deviations as per production plans.
- Coordinate weekly planned and opportunistic maintenance requirements to ensure optimal use of mine assets.
- Manage the efficient and effective utilisation of resources. Implementation of optimised systems and processes continuously to ensure production efficiency targets and operational plans are met.
- Provide first level support to system users to ensure problems are identified and resolved as soon as possible.
- Obtain, check and refine information. Ensure PMIS data is validated and available for first line management reports and Conduct document control spot-checks.
- Assist with the implementation of sub-functional change management to drive optimisation.
- Drawing from own experience or vocational knowledge, identify and recommend initiatives aimed at eliminating waste, improved productivity and reduce operating costs within scope.
- Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members. Recognise and reward team member efforts.
- Promote and ensure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures by identifying unsafe and hazardous situations, diagnose incidents and accidents by completing root-cause analyses and take corrective action and by conducting risk assessments.
- Ensure the effective and efficient utilization of shift team members, including overtime control and the monitoring of training and development plans of team members.
- Manage the performance of work teams to achieve section’s business objectives and supervise subordinates’ key performance areas by setting and monitoring performance standards and continuously provide swift and precise feedback to subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diploma Processing / Metallurgy / Chemical / Industrial Engineering (Alternative)
- Certificate Trade Artisan
- Certificate Blasting Ticket (Alternative)
- Certificate ARM Supervisory Development
- 3 Years’ mining or relevant industry experience
- Central Control Room operations experience and supervisory experience
- Maintenance planning experience and Project Management / Process Plant / Mining Fleet experience
- Knowledge of CMMS; Oracle; MineSuite; Scada and Datatrap
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related