Reference Number: 912-1209LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Mine Manager to lead the team at their small underground gold mining operations in East Africa.
- Management of mine shafts in production and development stages for underground reef mining operations.
- Management of all surface operations including the processing operations and the laboratory.
- Overseeing all operational aspects of the mine including finance, HR etc.
- Operational planning and presentation to the board.
- Overseeing inventory management and cost control.
- Management of the mining team.
- Ensure production targets are achieved within budget and timelines.
- Ensuring compliance to health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Maintaining relationships with key governmental departments.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency preferred.
- 15 years’ operational mining experience in underground gold mining environments of which at least 5 years must be at management level.
- 10 years’ experience in the management of processing plants and related processing operations.
- Experienced in all aspects of the running of small to medium scale mining operations.
- Previous experience as an expatriate in Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Open-ended contract.
- Residentially based with option of family status.