- To produce strategic mine plans and survey related aspects.
- Summarise and analyse production data records.
- Determine ore distribution and efficiencies.
- Analyse production results against planned schedules and recommend corrective action.
- Identify alternative / new support products or systems and conduct tests to determine suitability for use.
- Compile reports and present business case to stakeholders, if necessary.
- Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks.
- Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members or using own vocational knowledge and experience.
- Implement compliance requirements. Communicate compliance changes.
- Ensure operational plan is implemented. Determine number of faces required to ensure that production targets can be achieved given the drill and blast capacity.
- Prepare long, medium and short term mineral extraction plans and production schedules.
- Prepare and collate information to determine risks associated with the execution of short and medium term mine plan. (Should face samples be analysed)
- Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures.
- Identify unsafe and hazardous situations. Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing root cause analyses and take corrective action. Conduct risk assessments. Stop work in unsafe areas.
- Grade 12
- Bachelor of Science Engineering (Mining) / Bachelor of Technology (Mining) / National Higher Diploma (Mining Engineering)
- 3 Years’ Mine planning (strategic business planning)
- 2 Years’ Surveying techniques with electronic surveying instruments
- 3 Years’ Operational mining experience
- 3 Years’ Planning Software (M24D, Datamine, Bord & Pillar Mining)
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Permanent South African contract
- D1 Paterson Grading