|My client has an operating opencast mine in the KZN province of South Africa
They are currently seeking an experienced Mine Planning Superintendent to join their team onsite asap.
- To develop, interpret and execute Long term mine plans and scheduling models for the operating mine
- Manage all mine planning and scheduling processes onsite
- Mining Engineering qualification (preferably BSc degree).
- Extensive experience with mining related software: SURPAC with mine scheduling; MINE 2.4D with EPS; MINESCAPE; DATAMINE.
- In-depth understanding of the mine-planning and scheduling process, especially in open-cast brown fields projects.
- 10 years’ relevant experience (preferably open-cast coal mining) including 5 years as a Mine Planner.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Experience in the construction/development of new mining operations.
- Experience in mining operational management. Project management skills.
- A thorough understanding and awareness of Health, Safety and other relevant mining legislation.
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency will be advantageous
- Local ZAR permanent contract and salary
- Only South African citizens will be considered
- The successful candidates will be required to pass a medical/fitness test as well as participate in any practical and or other assessments.
- Start date: ASAP