- Reporting to the GM
- Responsible for all technical input for mine planning, design and scheduling, the geological and geotechnical models, hydrology, grade control, planning, drill and blast design, blending and survey activities for the mine.
- Develop and implement mine plans and mine schedules in collaboration with the General Manager Mining, Mining Manager and Processing Manager to ensure optimum development and reconciliation of the ore body.
- Implement reporting functions for cost and commitment forecast for the Life of Mine.
- Actively guide the mineral resources team to ensure that targets for resources exploitation, capital management, cost control, safety performance, employee development, environmental management and corporate governance are achieved.
- To provide support for all engineering decision making, develop mining budgets and ensure adherence to these budgets.
- Manage the resourcing requirements of the department to meet the needs of the operation.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology or a related field
- Detailed understanding of mine planning and geological software, its function and use is essential.
- Professionally registered JORC competent person would be advantageous
- The ability to manage a team of professionals including mentoring and motivation.
- Advanced skills using MS Office strong computer skills and experience with surpac
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments
- Minimum 15 years’ mining resource industry experience open cut operations
- 5+ years’ experience in a production-based mining operations managerial role
- Fluent verbal and written English
- 2 year Contract
- Market Related Salary / USD salary
- 90 days leave
- 6 return flights home per annum