- Identifying and interpreting safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Understanding key mining processes and demonstrating the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge in production management, tracking, mining dispatch systems, surveying, geology, contract management, drilling & blasting techniques;
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data, and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Effectively lead and communicate to all levels of the team.
- Use cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches
- Understand financial reports and comprehends the relevance/impact to the total operation, actively look for ways to manage costs without impacting on planned outcomes
- Demonstrate advanced level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
- Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimisation.
- Generate annual mine reserves statements.
- Demonstrated ability in managing contracted technical consultants and operational mining contracts.
- Understand project management standards and apply them in a minor project to conceptual level.
- Lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the technical aspects of the operations which include mine planning, survey, fleet management, drill & blast, and have the required resources in place to support the mining operations.
- Identify areas for improvement in operational blueprints (systems, processes, procedures & tasks) to ensure adherence to plan, reduce variation and maximise cost effective utilisation
- Develop and implement systems to collect and manage operational data and to monitor performance
- Establish and maintain systems for identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence
- Ensure collaboration with all departments to achieve streamlined delivery to plan
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent;
- 5 – 8 years’ proven experience in mine planning in both underground or open pit mining environment of which at least 3 years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department;
- Preferably applicable business qualification (e.g. MBA);
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening;
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Very high skill level with mine planning software
- Ability to create and manage budgets for own team but also the entire site
- Ability to sign off ore reserves as the competent person for the site
- Expatriate contract (2 years – renewable)
- 90 days annual leave
- 4 -5 return flights home per annum dependant on individual or family status
- Market related USD salary