Reference Number: GAS0070
Most of the work for this position would be with the Engineering manager to set up the Engineering and Maintenance system, provide training and training schedule for the Engineering team.
Approximately 80% of the work will be with engineering and 20% with processing. Therefore, we need an Engineer with a strong background in establishing the engineering system and team from Greenfields and zero base.
- Broad understanding of Business Improvement methodologies and routines
- Demonstrated ability for project delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel from technical, to management to the Executive.
- Delegate tasks to those capable of completing them or assign workers to oversee areas of a project.
- Evaluate progression and adherence to deadlines on a routine basis.
- Ability to re-prioritize planned activities and tasks.
- Problem solving skills – Ability to identify solutions to problems that others have not considered.
- Operational Readiness plan, with timeframes and resources
- Risk Assessment of Operational Readiness plan
- Sign-off by Engineering and Processing Managers of the developed Operational Readiness program and plans
Key interface management
- Lead the interface with Engineering and Processing managers in the development and delivery of the specific Operational Readiness elements
Operational Readiness Systems and Processes
- Operational Readiness Plan development, review and updating processes
- Progress to plan, variances and action to address variance process
- Organisation Design – this will be based on AGA’s “The Way We Work”, requisite principles, the management operating system and the business process designs.
- Design of the Processing and Engineering Management Operating System (MOS) – the way the organisation plans, forecasts, executes, monitors, and reviews and reports.
- Develop systems for the Processing department work, integrating processes managed at the superintendent level to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement
- Processes for selection, recruitment, onboarding and induction
- Business process definition – design and establishment of the key business processes.
- Leadership Development and Managerial Leadership Practices
- Accountability Frameworks – defines the KPIs, accountabilities and routines for each role.
- Active Supervision training and coaching, including the design and implementation of supervisory routines.
- Management Routines
Operational Readiness Delivery
- Delivery of the Operational Readiness plan for the Processing facility and Engineering.
- Execute the Operational Readiness activities for Processing and Engineering within the approved budget.
- Execute the Operational Readiness activities within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- The Project Director will provide financial and decision-making authorities commensurate with the needs of the role, and AGA’s Delegation of Authority policy.
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualifications in metallurgy or engineering
- At least 15 years successful performance in Senior Management roles
- Very experienced maintenance/engineering manager, most probably a mechanical engineer
- Experience setting up maintenance systems for Greenfields projects
- Solid understanding of maintenance planning
- Able to provide procedures and guidelines for the engineering department
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 to 3 year contract