- Overseeing the efficient and cost effective mobilization and demobilizing of projects, ensur
ing operation costs are in-line with job costing.
- Work closely with field crews and supervisors to establish and implement best drilling practices on each project that will maximize production and minimize delays and downtime.
- Ensure operations adhere to all safety rules, regulations, procedures and policies as required by the organization, the customer, or regulatory body.
- Ensure projects are conducted in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the client or company contracts.
- Working with project supervisors, take corrective action where necessary to improve job performance.
- Direct the mechanic and staff to ensure equipment is maintained in first-class condition and operation condition.
- Maintain a suitable inventory of spare parts, drilling tools and supplies to ensure continuous field operations.
- Assist the Contract Managers with job costing, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Frequent travel to West African projects will be required.
- A proven safety leader is essential.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in the mining / drilling industry.
- Experience working in West Africa or international assignments is an asset.
- Fluent in both French and English languages is a MUST
- Experience managing clients and client expectations
- Expatriate contract Location: Mali, West Africa
- Residential status
- 6 weeks holiday per annum
- Contract will include a local element and offshore contract, Short term and long term incentives, accommodation, transport, 2 return flights per annum