Will report to operations manager, and carry 2.6.1 legal appointment.
Must be comfortable working in team matrix structure, with strong interface to plant maintenance requirements via engineer.
- Will be responsible for the technical performance of the plant and have veto power over all technical decisions of plant operations contract.
- Will be responsible for total metallurgical accounting of the plant as well as performance of all associated measurement and sampling systems
- Will be responsible for weekly/monthly plant production forecasting based on geological drilling results and mine plan.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Eng Chemical / Metallurgical / Process Engineer
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Senior Plant Metallurgist, 5-7 years’ total experience
- Solid technical knowledge on classification, milling and flotation, with proven track record of process problem solving and optimization
- Comfortable with data-driven decision making, including the use of basic statistical hypothesis testing and design of experiments (DOE)
- Understanding of metallurgical accounting principles, as contained in AMIRA P754 COP
- Formal training in continuous improvement methodology, such a 6 Sigma, LEAN, TOC will be very desirable