A mining client is looking for a Production Geologist. He will be responsible for managing the Pit Production activities in terms of selective loading of ore and shift crew activities.
- Undertake geological mapping activities to enhance understanding of geological control on ore and waste delineation.
- Communicating daily with production personnel, to ensure minimum dilution during ore loading takes place.
- Performing accurate and efficient selective loading through personnel management and providing required support documentation and geological understanding inputs.
- Managing and refining procedures and methodologies employed to govern selective loading along contacts to control dilution and ore losses associated with loading operations.
- Managing daily ore movement tally database for material tracking to predict grade feed to the plant and ROM stockpiles.
- Interaction with medium and short term planning on planning and execution schedules.
- Monthly reconciliation process to reconcile planned with actual production data and provides input and feedback in planning meetings at both mining and processing sections.
- Support the project and group SHE strategy by anticipating current and future risks for both the project and operational environments and mitigating such risks.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc (Hons) Geology
- Valid driver’s licence
- Relevant experience in open pit grade control environment
- Registration with SACNASP is preferred
- A minimum of 4-6 years ‘professional experience with 2-3 years’ relevant experience in open-pit mining
- Working experience in 3D modelling package(s) (Data Mine) will be advantageous
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Site based benefits
- Competitive Market Related salary