My client is a large mining contractor. They are currently seeking to employ a French speaking Production Supervisor to manage all opencast production (drill / blast & load & haul) at an operating gold mine in West Africa
- Oversee the Mine operating teams ensuring efficient mine operations
- Mining is carried out using a conventional drill, blast, load and haul surface mining method with an owner fleet (Fleet comprises of 10 x 100T trucks)
- Ensure that mining production targets, schedules and priorities for the Mining teams are safely achieved.
- Plan, organize and control mine activities.
- Ensure that the mine produces at the lowest possible cost while achieving planned targets..
- Maintain safety and environmental systems consistent with business policies
- Regularly tour and inspect the Mine to identify and address any health and safety, environmental, production, equipment, and personnel issues.
- Collaborate with the Mine Technical, Maintenance, and Contractor teams to efficiently execute mine plans..
- Engage and lead the mine operating teams in a Zero Harm, open communication, and continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure employees have a clear understanding of work objectives and expectations of performance levels.
- Ensure that direct reports are provided with the training required for their current tasks and future needs.
- Technical Diploma or certificate in a related field or equivalent experience
- 10 – 15 years of mining operations experience
- Previous experience working as an expat in Africa is essential
- Solid understanding of open pit mining practices and equipment capabilities
- Drilling & Blasting / Load & Haul experience
- Solid working knowledge of mining procedures
- Valid passport and medically fit
- Fluency in French is a MUST
- Expatriate contract – 6 months initially – renewable
- Roster: 9 weeks on / 3 weeks off
- Market related USD tax free salary
- French Canadian candidates are encouraged to apply