A leading diversified natural resources company is seeking a Project Controls Manager. Taking up this role you’ll be keeping track of project performance against budgets, plans and schedules. This could be an opportunity for you!
- Making sure integration and coordination of all functional areas for the projects: Estimating, Cost/budget control, project cash flow, Procurement, Planning/Scheduling, Document Control and Reporting.
- Oversee the implementation of procedures, systems, and reports pertaining to program/project status and forecasts.
- Evaluate actual project scope and schedule and proposes changes to any aspect of a project scope or schedule.
- Ensures strict compliance to the project reporting process and standards.
- Manages cost of the project and monitors processes and cost developments for cost-saving opportunities, and implements programs to achieve long-term savings for the project.
- Ensures implementation of project quality control processes, procedures and policies
- Manages implementation “project operational” effectiveness and efficiency requirements as per approved guidelines, standards.
- Manages and ensures implementation of the cost/schedule control system, cost estimating capability, and the management reporting on these.
- Monitors and control the project and supplying monitoring systems to Project Managers.
- Energising, developing and enabling colleagues to succeed
- Building relationships and fostering cross boundary collaboration
- Driving plan delivery, holding people and self to account
- Applying influencing techniques that gain commitment and support
- Setting clear direction & priorities and gaining support of others
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Relevant Degree in the field of either Technical or Financial.
- Crucial: Degree or certification in Project Management.
- Ideal: Financial modelling or a Master’s in Business Leadership
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Project Environment, controls, forecasting, budgets, planning and quality
- Skills: Project management, computer literacy, time management, communication, reporting, interpersonal, management, and budget management skills.
- Have hands-on experience and proficiency using project management tools and computer based project systems.
- Have relevant knowledge of project management in relation to cost, dependencies, critical paths, control principles and methodologies.
- Fitness for duty and able to travel in and around Africa.