A logistics company in East Africa is looking for a Local to fill the role of Project Cost Analysist.
- To support the business development team with the rapid turnaround of accurate and commercially viable project costing’s.
- To help business development managers determine the requirements of their clients and advise on the design and related cost implications of clearing and transport projects.
- By working with the operations team and other related departments, the Project Cost Analyst will take an active role in understanding any changes in the cost to company of component parts of the services provided and ensure these are reflected in the rates generated.
- The PCA will have an excellent knowledge of cargo types and the related processes and costs for clearing this type of cargo and design rate sheets accordingly. In addition to understanding the cost-base of the clearing and forwarding process the PCA will engage in actively understanding the prevailing market rates and be able to benchmark company rates against the market.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Accounts or IT background
- Cope with working under pressure / tight deadlines
- Tender / proposal development
- Higher Diploma in finance, business administration, maths, IT or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, working knowledge of Word & PPT.
- Experience of pricing logistics, clearing & forwarding projects
- Experience of developing and working pricing models
- Knowledge of port operations & customs clearance processes in COMESA region
- Experience of costing international shipping into / out of COMESA region
- Experience of costing export projects from COMESA region
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related Salary package