A leading integrated steel and mining company requires the services of a Project Cost Controller for their operations in West Africa. Taking up this position who’ll be responsible for the ongoing, monitoring, review and validation of the project cost data
- Accountable for determining budget allocations and executing approval documentation as the associated contract and purchase order packages are requisitioned and awarded.
- Supply assistance to the Procurement and Contract Administration Groups in the preparation of related pricing and ancillary data contract document schedules.
- Accountable for processing of related invoices and monitoring of paid costs.
- Observes project scope by maintaining commercial awareness of each responsible package through understanding of the awarded work scope, the payment terms, commercial conditions, potential variations, project strategies, package status and interface with other contract works.
- Supply continual and timely estimates of the value of work completed based on collected progress data and other supporting documentation.
- Contribute towards project goals and objectives as may be required from time to time.
- Making sure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Making sure about the accuracy of Time costs allocation through investigating time-sheet errors and incorrect coding.
- Develops detailed annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts identifying cost efficiencies and strategies.
- Develop objectives for sharing common infrastructure and support services across the organisation and cascade this throughout the function.
- Accountable for implementing cost control initiatives for improved efficiency and accuracy in the procure-to-pay process.
- Supply continual and timely collection of installed quantities and expended workhours, and delivers input into the Cost Control System and reporting of resultant progress data.
- Help aid the Project Manager and other area managers with implementation of change management initiatives and other business improvement projects.
- Distinguish and report cost and progress variations to that planned (budgeted) or previously reported.
- Establishment of the associated contract and purchase order packages in the Cost Control System in a manner consistent with the commercial requirements of the packages and the project cost control procedures.
- Making sure of appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Become actively involved in the organisations’ aims and objectives of engaging with the local community and strive to leave a positive impact on the longer-term outcomes for local pupil. Promote the integration between this engagement and the success of the business.
- Core competencies: Decision making, change management, teamwork, stakeholder orientation
- Transversal competencies: Strategic planning, project management, risk management,
- Technical competencies: Project cost management systems
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Crucial would be a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering, or a Bachelor of Science in either Mining or Metallurgy.
- Desirable would be either a Project Management or Management Qualification.
- Proven working experience as a Project Cost Controller or Project Cost Engineer.
- Relevant experience working on large mining industry project of +50 million US dollar value.
- More than 5 years project management experience.
- Skills; Computer and Communication
- Previous experience in a similar role in Africa or developing nations, with demonstrated positive outcomes.