Reference Number: GAS0073
The Project Manager – Operations is a position that exists within the Tailings: Africa and International Division. It is expected from the incumbent in this position to take up challenges related to the sourcing, development, management and maintenance of the Tailings: Africa and International project pipeline and lead the project management process on awarded contracts from order to handover after commissioning.
- Project identification and development
- Assist the GM and relevant BUM’s to identify appropriate opportunities within the divisions geographic target areas.
- Develop and drive an engagement approach for the identified opportunities.
- Assist with proposal submissions.
- Conclude each opportunity, won or lost, with a close out report.
- Tender submissions
- Compile all operations tenders.
- Follow a structured tender and authorisation process compliant to companies policies.
- Study management
- Undertake all required studies, from concept to definitive to a level as defined by each Client and Country Specific requirements.
- Projects register
- Maintain a projects register that covers all operations proposals submitted and studies conducted as well as a monthly status update.
- Management lines/ Project Teams
- Management of internal and external support services in the execution of the task requirements.
- Mentor any internal personnel to better deliver on their roles and responsibilities.
- Provide technical and operational support to the operation business units.
- General Project Management
- Review all project submission reports (final designs, proposals, etc.) to ensure applicable standards are maintained.
- Attend monthly (or as required) project meetings in the Business Units and ensure that all opportunities are captured, resourced and executed according to the companies Tailings Project Management Standard.
- Manage projects within areas of specialisation.
- Design reviews.
- Technology sign-off.
- Report writing and reviewing.
- Technical Services
- Oversee the quality control for all work within specialisation.
- Alignment to the relevant FAT internal quality management system/s.
- Monitor and report on all risks.
- Action plans to mitigate all risks.
- Assist Operations to report on technical/service/ quality/project compliance
- Undertake spot internal technical/service/ quality/ project audits
- Technical input w.r.t operations (e.g. grassing and rehabilitation projects) – specialisation specific
- Standards: Identify, develop and specify internal standards within area of specialisation
- Strategic advice for FAT project solutions with operational spin-offs
- Project/technical engineering assistance for projects at divisional level
- Project/technical vision and supervision
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- B. Sc./B. Tech. in Engineering (preferably Civil Engineering)
- Professional Project Management Registration
- Mine Residue Training Course attendance
- A valid driver’s license
- A valid passport
- 10 Years’ experience in the tailing’s operations
- 5 Years’ experience in project management
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Travelling to other offices throughout Africa
- South African Nationals only apply