|Mission: to manage the execution of a Wind Farm located in West Africa. The Project Director will act as the client’s representative for project and will hold overall responsibility for the HSE, technical and commercial aspects of the Project.
• Successfully delivering the Project from financial close to commercial operations within budget and to schedule.
• Representing the Project and acting as its representative in all matters relating to the EPC Contract.
• Managing the execution of the EPC Contract and ensuring the Project Company is complying with its obligations thereunder.
• Liaising with local community and other in-country stakeholders, leading the implementation of the Project’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
• Liaising with the project lenders and lenders’ engineer.
• Managing and coordinating the activities of the Owners Engineer.
• Ensuring that world class health and safety requirements are developed and adhered to at the Site.
• Ensuring that all commercial, financial, environmental and social risks relating to the Project are appropriately managed.
• Ensuring that both the EPC Contractor and Project Company meets their obligations under the Construction Environmental and Social Management Plan and the Project’s Environmental and Social Action Plan.
• Developing project management plans and overseeing the construction schedule.
• Coordinating the design review phase under the EPC Contract.
• Ensuring that EPC Contractors’ and its subcontractors’ comply with their QA/QC obligations.
• Regularly attending site to review progress and ensuring the EPC contractor and its subcontractors are meeting their obligations under the EPC Contract.
• Organising monthly project review meetings with the EPC contractor.
• Managing any disputes and negotiations with the EPC contractor.
• Coordinating the construction oversight committee.
• Managing the execution of the finance documents during the construction phase and ensuring the company is complying with its obligations thereunder.
• Managing the payment of the EPC contractor and the drawdown of equity and debt.
• Producing detailed monthly construction reports for the lenders and shareholders.
• Continuously monitoring the project budget, producing accurate monthly project cost reports and financial forecasts for the Project.
• Engineering degree
• Wide-ranging experience in the construction of power projects with non-recourse project finance arrangements.
• Significant construction site experience on large scale construction projects in Africa or growth markets.
• Track record of managing or overseeing Health, Safety, Environmental, Social and Governance risks in large scale EPC projects.
• Previous responsibility as the commercial lead for the Owner or EPC Contractor in the execution of large EPC Contracts.
• Direct experience in the management of EPC Contractors, Subcontractors and Owner’s Engineering teams.
• Broad knowledge of engineering disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical, EC&I) on construction projects and extensive awareness of construction methods.
• Extensive knowledge of EPC contract terms and conditions and the management of risks associated with such projects.
• Previous exposure to Wind Power Projects and their construction.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project Management software.
• Fluent in English and French
• 2-year contract
• Expat benefits (housing, flights, school fees, medical insurance)
• Salary to be discussed