|Our client is currently involved in constructing one of the biggest open-pit mines in South Africa.
The Project Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing project plans and coordinating electrical technical activities during the construction and development of the mine, with a predominant focus on the processing plant.
- Managing project related electrical activities for the process plant and related areas.
- Developing project plans.
- Ensure project activities are carried out according to schedule and budget.
- Ensure clear and affective communication between all stakeholders.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Ensure goals and objectives are met in a timeous manner.
- Leading and mentoring subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Registered Professional Engineer with ECSA advantageous.
- Post Graduate Financial or Project Management qualification advantageous.
- 8 years minimum experience in the design and construction of large mining projects with a focus on processing plants, power distribution and infrastructure.
- Experience in handling EPC contracts and completing projects on time and within budget.
- Working knowledge of MHSA and South African environmental regulations.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans.
- Ability to lead and mentor a large team of subordinates from a diverse cultural background.
- Remote mine site experience advantageous.
- Relocation to the Northern Cape essential.
- 2 year contract with possible renewal thereafter.
- Housing provided.
- Start date ASAP.