A top international mining client is in need of a Project Engineer to assume overall responsibility for engineering and technical disciplines involved in the Project, this includes scheduling, planning, forecasting, and management all the activities to assure project accuracy and quality. Direct reports are the EPCM Project Manager, Procurement Officer and Logistics Manager. The successful incumbent will be supervised by the COO. The role will originally be based in Gauteng and then near Q4 2017 will move to the DRC to be based on site.
- SHEQ: Manage health, safety and environmental objectives within the Project Department, oversee contractor SHEC compliance with company standards.
- Finance: Budgeting, expenditure, risk and general finance
- Stakeholders: Customer relations, supplier relations, stakeholder relations
- Process: Hazard identification and risk assessment, human development and training, standard operating procedures, project management, legal and regulatory, company policies and reporting monthly project reports.
- Internally will liaise with: Finance, Supply & Logistics, HR, Mineral Resource Management, Engineering, Safety & Health, and Environmental & Community.
- Externally will liaise with: EPCM Contractor, Engineering Consultants, Construction Contractors, Vendors and Equipment Suppliers
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Engineering Degree, ideally Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering
- MSc Project Management highly advantageous
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Project Engineer
- Must have EPCM and client experience
- 2-3 years process plant operational experience
- Project/operations experience in francophone African countries
- French or Swahili working knowledge advantageous
- Good knowledge and strong experience with SHE, quality, customer service, project management, production, electrical and mechanical engineering, mining principles and problem solving