The purpose of this role is about being accountable for ensuring quality and accuracy of cost estimates for projects managed by the Project Department at Corporate Office. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
- Confirmation of Work Breakdown Structures and benchmarking of key elements of the cost estimate.
- Evaluation and validating components of the estimate prepared by 3rd parties.
- Help aid and work with the (Senior) Project Manager during the study phases by providing cost data/benchmarking to support decision making
- Application of approved global processes, procedures and practices.
- Making sure escalations are included based on a robust project and commodity specific Escalation model.
- Application of probabilistic analysis, contingency and escalation techniques.
- Ensuring alignment with the Group Estimating Standards for each phase (definition of what is required from a basis of estimate perspective).
- Ensuring Contingencies align with Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA).
- Support any material change requests – preparing new cost estimates.
- Making sure of the same processes, tariffs and assumptions are used on all projects within program.
- Development of basis of estimate.
- Feed real cost data back into estimating database.
- Provide support to cost engineer (if required).
- Ensures quality of cost impacts of quantified changes
- Ensuring alignment with other key elements/parties of the project example: Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Schedule, Project Economics
- Setting clear direction & priorities and gaining support of others
- Energising, developing and enabling colleagues to succeed
- Driving plan delivery, holding people and self to account
- Applying influencing techniques that gain commitment and support
- Building relationships and fostering cross boundary collaboration
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Relevant Degree or diploma.
- Qualification in Cost Estimating and forecasting.
- Have between 5-10 years related experience in Construction/Engineering Project Management environment and/or Cost Estimating and General Management experience.
- Fitness for duty and able to travel in and around Africa.
- Skills & Knowledge: Computer literacy, Quantitative Risk /Probability, Financial Modelling,
- Project Portfolio Management, Project Control Management, Procurement Management, Schedule Management, Commissioning Management, Project Integration, Risk Management, Scope Management, etc.