Our client, a leading international metals and minerals company is currently working on key projects and is looking for a Project Lead Comminution / milling that will provide direct support and output to the Project Manager: Plant/Infrastructure and assist in formulating the framework for all discipline specific designs and work related to the project from basic design to detailed design, procurement, manufacturing, inspection & quality control, installation / erection, mechanical completion, cold & hot commissioning, PG test and contract closure
- Implementing the Comminution / Milling stream within scope, time and budget.
- Ensure that safety is duly considered while designing equipment / system. Also, to ensure safe work at the site, all through the project phase till the hand over.
- Co-ordinate with all relevant project members, Consultants and Contractors/EPC parties involved in the Comminution / Milling stream to achieve the goal and follow contract management best practice as per the company policy
- Working closely with Owner’s engineer and EPC contractors to ensure safe, timeous and efficient delivery and ensure optimization of process design and selection of the most appropriate equipment
- Managing a diverse portfolio of multicultural professionals and interfaces within the Process Plant and the other infrastructure in the Project.
- Developing and adhering to schedule in line with the Master schedule for the project
- Manage resources for its optimum use
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy , Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering from a recognised institution and GCC qualification will be preferred
- Post graduate qualification in Financial and/or Project Management is preferred
- Professional registration with recognized body/institution is an advantage
- At least 12-15 years’ experience in design and construction of large mining project (including Process Plant & infrastructure) is required. Experience in installing & commissioning heavy equipment will be preferred.
- 6-10 years industry experience with exposure to ideally both operational and technical environments
- Sound knowledge of extractive metallurgical processes and design principles
- Experience gained in any previous technical optimisation and/or design role would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in handling EPC contracts from Client’s side and bring large projects in time, budget and within the scope.
- Greenfield project experience is an advantage
- Working knowledge of MHSA and relevant South African environmental regulations
- Experience in relevant stakeholder engagement
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans is required
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and Power point software
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2- 3 year contract
- Northern Cape based and housing will be provided
- Competitive Market Related Salary Package