Are you an experienced Project Manager / Key Account Manager with a background in earth moving equipment in the mining industry in Africa?
Our client is currently seeking an individual from a technical background to manage a large project in Southern Africa from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Serve as the key contact for the company’s customer, overseeing a multi-million dollar contract.
- Oversee the entire project from both a technical and commercial aspect.
- Assume legal responsibility on site and take ownership of the project.
- Ensure high equipment availability and performance levels.
- Liaison with fellow contractors.
- Implement best practices.
- Training and mentoring of team members.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Relevant technical qualification with the ability to assume legal responsibility (professional registration, government certificate of competency etc.)
- 10 years previous experience in the maintenance of earth moving equipment within the mining industry, of which at least 7 years must be at Maintenance Manager or similar level.
- Previous experience in a Project Manager / Key Account Manager role on a mining site, handling both technical and commercial aspects of the project.
- Well-versed in CMMS.
- Understanding of OEM.
- Previous experience mentoring and training of subordinates as an expatriate in Africa.
- Residentially based position; the successful candidate will be required to relocate.
- Family status optional.
- 2 year renewable contract.