- Reporting to the GM
- Responsible for delivering a life extension project
- Able to manage and engage at various levels in the business and broader community
- Manage multi-disciplinary team involved in feasibility study and project delivery
- Coordinate scoping, feasibility and definitive feasibility studies.
- Ensure optimum design/mining method selected for new discoveries, UG oxides/sulphides
- Co-ordinate trade-off studies to optimise current & life extension projects (Mining Method Selection, Open Pit to UG transition, pit design optimisation, etc)
- Draft scopes of work and manage contracts associated with projects
- Ensure construction of critical infrastructure (Power, Water, Ventilation, Decline) to enable a smooth transition from pre-feasibility to full production of projects.
- Appropriate resourcing (Equipment and manpower) of projects.
- Ensure adequate governance of the project through coordination of 3rd party reviews
- Present regular updates to senior management, including corporate
- Relevant mining or engineering degree or similar
- Mine Managers Certificate and / or MBA Project Management / business qualification
- At least 10 years experience in Open-pit and/or underground metalliferous mines
- People management experience
- Experience managing multiple disciplines (operational and projects)
- Technical, mine planning and design experience
- Mine projects experience (pre feasibility / feasibility) and mine to mill optimisation
- Residential status
- Relocation to the mine site in Southern Africa would be necessary